Our plants are nursery-propagated on our farm from local eco-type seeds. We hand-collect seed from wild populations primarily in New Jersey, southern New York state, and eastern Pennsylvania. We believe plants of local provenance are best suited for restorations and gardens.
All Natural Growing Practices
We use all natural, chemical-free practices to grow our plants. Our container plants are grown in an organic potting mix. We use only organic fertilizers and water-conserving practices. We do not use synthetic pesticides, fertilizer, or neonicotinoids.
Our farm was certified River Friendly by North Jersey RC&D in 2018. We welcome visitors by appointment. Get in touch to visit our nursery shop, native permaculture plantings, and native restorations.
Purchasing Our Plants
Our nursery offers wholesale to qualified customers and retail sales to individuals.
Wholesale pricing is available to qualified resellers, businesses and non-profit organizations. Please visit our Wholesale Customers page to proceed.
Retail customers can purchase plants in several ways:
- Buy online using our online retail shop
- Visit our nursery by appointment — you’ll receive one-on-one time and an opportunity to see our native plant demonstration gardens.
- Seasonal market, event, or native plant sale. Check our events page for listings.
To set up an appointment, contact nursery @ wildridgeplants.com. We are located at 170 Mountain Road, Alpha, NJ 08865 for GPS purposes.
While you’re visiting, consider making a day trip of it. There are some fantastic natural areas nearby. We especially recommend:
- Musconetcong Gorge Reservation. Five minutes away from Wild Ridge Farm is one of the finest basic-mesic forests in the state, with incredible woodland herb diversity and a thick shrub understory. Several glorious ravines hold rocky streams lined with boulders and wildflowers.
- Jenny Jump State Forest. Farther afield (about 40 minutes north). The Summit Trail in both scenic and botanically distinctive. There are some great open glade species here, as well as many uncommon woodlanders.
For a more urban experience, Easton, PA has a terrific Farmer’s Market as well as some interesting restaurants, museums, and artisanal shops.
Frenchtown is a charming town along the Delaware River with a great park/playground and shops. It is also home to a place we love, the Frenchtown Roller Rink.
Places we like to eat at nearby include the Warren Deli & Grill (just down the hill, amazing BBQ and soups!), Riegelsville Inn (we love the pub menu), Clove (Indian food), Bamboo House (Thai and Japanese), and The Bridge Cafe (eclectic and homespun), and oWowcow (ice cream).
For more places, visit National Geographic’s tourism guide for the Delaware River area.