Ecological Restoration & Botanical Surveys
We’re here to help you steward or restore your landscape. We work with institutions, non-profits, businesses, landowners, land managers, farmers, and foresters interested in stewarding plant communities for ecological health, beauty, diversity, and abundance. We offer on-site or distance consultation services.
Jared Rosenbaum and Rachel Mackow of Wild Ridge Plants, LLC approach land stewardship holistically, based on our broad experience in habitat restoration, field botany, invasive species management, rare species monitoring, edible and medicinal plant uses, and inspiring deeper connections between people and plants.
Jared Rosenbaum is a Certified Ecological Restoration Practitioner by the Society for Ecological Restoration. Rachel Mackow is a member of the New Jersey Invasive Species Strike Team’s Technical Advisory Committee. Read more about us.
We help establish sound, site-specific stewardship goals and guide restoration practices based upon those goals.
Botanical Surveys & Monitoring
1. Comprehensive botanical surveys of natural plant communities, all habitat types
2. Rare plant monitoring and restoration protocols
3. Site-appropriate survey methodology
We focus on:
1. Forest understory restoration, reforestation, and meadow establishment
2. Wildlife plantings and deer resistant plantings
3. Native edible and medicinal plantings
4. Identification of invasive plants and strategic management techniques
5. Site-specific implementation and maintenance calendars
View our Portfolio of Select Projects